Thursday, October 4, 2018

Still Believe in Dragons

Human growth and development are two of life's processes.  While still above ground, it is probably a good activity.  For most families, a child turning 13 is one of these special growth points.  Development is often a option.  Such is the case for my family.

My oldest grandson (Sam) is turning 13!  His growth and development has been amazing, and I am sure that there is much more to come.  Mom (my oldest daughter) requested all send to Sam some thoughts about this life event from our own experiences, and she would read them to Sam during his 13th Birthday Party.  This was mine :

"Hey Sam...Happy...Happy...Happy 13th Birthday. Bet you thought this day would never arrive, but here it is after 13 years of preparation.  I have enclosed a drawing you sent me some years back containing all the love your little heart could muster.  Now I am sending it back to you with all the love that this old, gray bearded heart can muster.  A special drawing it is to remind you that no matter what age you are and become...it is still O.K. to believe in dragons."

This drawing was sent some 5 years past, and I still enjoy this dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment