Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Four Generations Side by Side

A few days ago, I noticed these pictures my wife had placed on some of our kitchen cabinets.  They were positioned  pretty much as shown, the black and white on top, and the color picture below.  Four generations I thought.    Looking carefully, I saw myself in both pictures.  About the same age [when the pictures were taken], about the same position [the right hand side], the same round head, the same eyes and nose,  is my youngest grandson Ian. 


The upper picture was taken in the 1950s.  The lower picture was taken not so long ago.  My family and me, and my youngest daughter Ellen and her family, are shown some 50 years apart.  The smiles look much the same.  Four generations on film side by side, how about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment