Monday, April 14, 2014

Suspenders


Here my brother and I sit on the porch of our old Kentucky home.  It would have been around 1955 or so, give or take, and we show our smiles.  We are dressed in our jeans, shirts, shoes, socks, and...suspenders.  You know, those supporting bands worn across the shoulders to support trousers, shirt, or belt.  I guess our jeans were big enough to need such additional help since the cuffs were folded a number of times, especially around my ankles.  Much room to grow there was...a new home...a new neighborhood to explore...new friends to make...new trees to climb...and for me new jeans to grow into.  Let's get going we seem to be saying.  What will this new life offer?  Up, up, and away...our suspenders will certainly come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment